About Nomad Tech
Nomad Tech, Lda is a Joint Venture between the Portuguese company EMEF (CP Railways group) and the British company Nomad Digital (leading global provider of ICT enablement and connectivity solutions to the transportation sector), having currently projects on some railways reference customers (DB Schenker – Germany, NSB – Norway, Toshiba – United Kingdom, Metro Trains Melbourne - Australia, etc).
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR POWER ELECTRONICS WORKSHOP ENGINEER
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Team management
- Electronic/Electrical project management
- Electronic/Electrical project design and implementation
Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
- Up to date with the electronics state-of-the-art technology.
- Technology vigilance.
- Coordinating technicians.
- Organising routine servicing schedules.
- Team work allocation.
Electronic/Electrical project management
- Estimating material and labour costs, as well project timescales.
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and customers.
Electronic/Electrical project design and implementation
- Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software.
- PCB design using FPGAs and embedded microcontrollers.
- Testing electrical/electronic systems, data analysis and report.
- Making sure projects meet electrical and railways norms/standards.
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes.
- Carrying out quality inspections.
- Test-bench design and installation experience.
- PLC software design.
- Field bus / CAN / Modbus / Ethernet experience.
Previous Roles and Functional Skills
- 2+ years of workshop and/or project engineering experience, preferred.
- Hold an Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree, preferred.
- Procurement skills.
- Some understanding or experience of the rail industry, namely power electronics, preferred.
- Team work allocation experience, preferred.
- Knowledgeable in and curious about technology and technically strong.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation to channel sales teams and customers.
- Ability to write technical documents (presentations, case studies, technical reports and manuals, etc)
- Project management, group facilitation, time management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and particularly written)
- Fluent spoken English and strong English language writing skill
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to be pro-active, well-organised, prioritise and delivery focussed.
- Be a self-starter, a highly-motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually
- Predominantly office based in Lisbon Amadora, but over time is expected to require some travel to customer and non-customer sites in Europe and possibly worldwide.
In case of interest please send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[This vacancy is current and this page will remain active for the duration of the recruitment process]