We are looking for a systems administrator to join our growing embedded systems engineering team. Our role as a team is to develop and install embedded computers solutions in rolling stock (trains) which interfaces with on train systems and continuously transmit data to our servers in shore side.
Nomad Tech is currently hiring an embedded systems admin to help developing and continuously improve tools to manage and support our remote monitoring solutions.
- Manage and maintain embedded machines running Linux OS;
- Define and implement deployment and support services;
- Build and configure custom embedded operating systems based in Linux;
- Represent embedded systems discipline and in cooperation with security experts define and implement secured solutions.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar;
- Relevant knowledge of the Linux kernel subsystems and internals;
- Experience in managing Linux computers based in x86 and ARM processors;
- Experience in scripting languages like Bash and Python;
- Knowledge about automation frameworks like Ansible;
- Knowledge about server-based systems to support Continuous Integration and Deployment tools like Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Ability to communicate in English both oral and written.
Applicants with some of the following assets will be preferred candidates:
- Knowledge about remote monitoring systems;
- Knowledge about Docker and associated tools to create, deploy and run applications using containers.
- Knowledge about testing strategies applied to embedded systems.
- Experience with C programming language
- Interest in the Railway field;
The workplace is on Nomad Tech facilities at Porto.
In case of interest please send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[This vacancy is current and this page will remain active for the duration of the recruitment process]