We are looking for a software engineer to join our growing embedded systems team. Our role as a team is to develop and install embedded computers solutions in rolling stock (trains) which interfaces with on train systems and continuously transmit data to our servers in shore side.
Nomad Tech is currently hiring new software developers to help build and maintain our embedded applications.
- Develop software in accordance with company and industry standard methodologies;
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle (requirement analysis, architecture design, code development and testing stages);
- Be part of the continuous product development initiatives.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar;
- Experience in C / C++ programming languages;
- Experience in using C development tools (gcc, gdb, makefile, glibc, etc);
- Experience in Git, version control system.
- Relevant knowledge of the Linux operating system;
- Some experience in Bash or other scripting languages;
- Knowledge of communication protocols and network architectures;
- Ability to communicate in English both oral and written.
Applicants with some of the following assets will be preferred candidates
- Knowledge about remote monitoring systems;
- Knowledge about Docker and associated tools to create, deploy and run applications using containers.
- Knowledge about testing strategies applied to embedded systems.
- Interest in the Railway field.
The workplace is on Nomad Tech facilities at Porto.
In case of interest please send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[This vacancy is current and this page will remain active for the duration of the recruitment process]