About Nomad Tech
Nomad Tech, Lda is a Joint Venture between the Portuguese company EMEF (CP Railways group) and the British company Nomad Digital (leading global provider of ICT enablement and connectivity solutions to the transportation sector), having currently projects on some railways reference customers (DB Schenker – Germany, NSB – Norway, Toshiba – United Kingdom, Metro Trains Melbourne - Australia, etc).
We are looking for an Embedded Software developer to join our growing team working on the train embedded software, in accordance with the main industrial and more specific railways standards.
- Develop software in accordance with company and industry standard methodologies
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle (Analysis, Design, prototype implementation, Code development and solution test).
- Participate in the design algorithms and peer reviews.
- Write software documentation, debug and test software in a lab environment.
- Contribute to continuous process and product improvement initiatives.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Zero (0) to five (5) years of experience in software engineering techniques, design methodologies and software development practices.
- Experience in ARM, x86 Architectures / C, C++ Programming languages
- Experience on O.S. Linux: System Management and Programming.
- Knowledge of interfaces and communication protocols of industrial networks.
- Design and integration of data acquisition systems.
- Self-motivated and excellent communication skills.
- Solid team player.
- Communicate in English and Portuguese, both oral and written.
Applicants with some of the following assets will be preferred candidates
- Interest in the Railway field.
- Knowledge of and experience in Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
- Experience with embedded software design and testing.
- Software Industry Standards
- IDE environments and scripting languages.
- Experience on automation bus standards (TCN, Fieldbus, Modbus, …)
The workplace is on Nomad Tech facilities at Porto, located on the UPTEC building (near Hospital de S. João).
In case of interest please send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[This vacancy is current and this page will remain active for the duration of the recruitment process]